Traditionally in Ukraine, on Orthodox Christmas we visit our families and God parents. The festivities last all week from January 6th to the 13th. Gifts on Orthodox Christmas usually are for the family and home, as opposed to individual people. Here is the list of five most desirable gifts for Ukrainian moms:
- The magic of being together. Just forget about your hectic life, call or Skype your mom. Talk about the good old times when you were little, when you lived all together under one roof. Be kind and thoughtful and loving. There is nothing more your mom wishes on this day. Let her feel young, needed and loved. And: don’t forget to tell her how beautiful she is.
- A basket of gourmet food makes a great gift on Christmas. You can spoil your mom with delicacies she usually can not afford or does not want to buy. She would love to be able to share your thoughtful gifts with extended family and friends, so there can not be too much good stuff.
- If you send gift baskets to your mom in Ukraine regularly, there is no need to spend extra money on a wicker basket: you could just send a Fruit of the month set. Bright colours of winter fruit - mandarines and oranges will bring back the happy memories of her childhood and fill her heart with joy.
- Ukrainian women love flowers and adore plants, so that they can cherish the joy longer. A Christmas poinsettia is a novel, unexpected and appreciated surprise.
- A bottle of designer perfume or cosmetics. Ukrainian women love to take care of themselves and giving an authentic designer perfume will definitely stand out. Every time she opens the bottle, the exquisite fragrance will elevate her mood and she will remember your love for her this Christmas.
A mother’s love is eternal, unconditional, and true. Tell her how lucky you are to have her with your words and an elegant and thoughtful Christmas gift.