In the past year the number of gift orders to Ukrainian orphanages increased dramatically and we are very happy to assist future parents to deliver their thoughtful gifts to orphans in Ukraine. With about 100 000 orphans currently living in Ukraine, these children are sorely in need of love, care and attention and they are extremely happy to know that there are people who care about them, even if from the other part of the world.
From our experience more than 80% of orphanages are located in small cities or remote villages and only 20% of them are located in regional cities. The location of an orphanage is important for successful delivery, as well as other factors.
If you are thinking of sending a gift to a Ukrainian orphan, please consider these 5 helpful tips that can ease the process for you and your recipient:
1. When you mail a parcel from your country to Ukraine, please consider keeping the cost of the package less than 150 euros and its weight under 70 pounds, otherwise your recipient might be required to cover customs fees and duties.
2. Quite often tracking is unavailable once a parcel crosses the Ukrainian border. Even a small package with an inexpensive gift sent by regular mail might become delayed or get lost especially in remote areas. Two weeks for air and 8-10 weeks for ground delivery is the typical delivery time right now, so donít worry if it is taking too long for your package to arrive.
3. Please remember that no food products, medicine, or vitamins can be sent to Ukraine by mail.
4. For deliveries to orphanages located in regional cities, please consider placing your order 2-3 days in advance. We need this time to communicate with your recipient and often with the administration of the orphanage to schedule the delivery. Chocolates, sweet gift sets, custom-made cakes, fruit packages, balloons and other gifts can be successfully delivered there.
5. For deliveries to remote orphanages, please place your order at least 5 days in advance. Consider that there are two options for delivery:
1) Perishable gifts like cakes, flowers, fruit packages and balloons can be delivered only by our couriers personally to ensure perfect quality. In this case a custom delivery fee are calculated depending on transportation costs and a quote will be provided.
2) Non-perishable gifts like chocolates, sweet gift sets, cookies and toys can be delivered by express courier services to the door within 2-3 days without any additional delivery fee.
And if you want to send a gift and you cannot find it in our collection, you could send a request for a custom order. Allow us 2-3 days to find suitable options and we will arrange the delivery of the desired gifts.
It is not a gift you are giving to orphaned children but the knowledge that you care about them no matter how far apart you are right now. For this we thank you from the bottom of our heart.
If you have any questions or any ideas or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us, and we will be happy to help you.