Lily is a remarkable May birth flower, bursting with a rich symbolism. The beauty and power of this flower has cemented its place in the cultures of the world, since 1580 B.C. when first images with lilies were painted in ancient Greece. Nowadays, thanks to breeding, flower shops are overflowing with hundreds of lilies in various forms and colors. Lets check the Lily's meaning and symbolism in detail.
Lily Variety Symbolism:
- Classic Lily is a symbol of royalty, rebirth, and purity. Symbolizing humility and devotion, lilies are the 30th anniversary flower.
- Lilies of the Valley is given as a gift for second wedding anniversaries and symbolizes elegance, calmness, and gentleness.
- Peruvian Lilies, or Alstroemeria, represent friendship and devotion.
- Tiger Lily stands for courage and the sassy nature of women. It's also known to represent one's balanced and energetic life.
- The Easter Lily stands for virtue, hope, and life.
- Calla Lilies are affiliated with both weddings and funerals. In terms of weddings, they stand for everlasting purity and honesty. Since they are also widely considered as a symbol of reincarnation, calla lilies are used for funerals and are seen planted in cemeteries.
Lily Color Meanings
- White lilies are the symbol of purity, innocence, tranquility, and humility.
- Striped pink flower known as the Stargazer Lily is one of the most popular flowers for bouquets today in Ukraine, and it represents ambition and encouragement with a difficult challenge. Also it represents wealth and prosperity.
- Pink lilies represent wealth, youth, vigor, and joy.
- Yellow and gold lilies most commonly symbolize good health and healing.
- Orange lilies stand for happiness, love, and warmth.
- Bright red blooms speak of passion and work perfectly for weddings and proposal bouquets.
The Lily is more than just a flower. It is perfect on any occasion, be it the birth of a child, wedding of your loved one, or mourning a loss of someone close to your heart. A properly selected flower arrangement will express your most sincere wishes and will become a great gift for any event.