Did you notice that some flowers stay fresh for weeks and others fade within days?
To make the life of your arrangement as long as possible, please follow these 10 tips we have prepared for you:
- If it is cold outside, do not unwrap your flowers immediately after the delivery, give your flowers 2-3 hours to acclimatize.
- Remove the wrapping of the bouquet and cut an inch off each stem at an angle. Use only sharp knife or scissors to avoid smashing of the stems.
- Remove all the leaves under the waterline.
- Use non-metal, clean vase for your bouquet, fill it with water of room temperature.
- Add 1 package of flower food (often supplied by flower delivery service in Ukraine) to the water. If you don’t have one, you can make it yourself, mixing 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of bleach and 1 teaspoon of vinegar in 2 liters of water.
- Change water every day, recut the stems every 3-4 days.
- Keep your flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts and heating devices. Otherwise, the flowers will die because of excessive desiccation. Moderately cold temperature will be the best for the flowers.
- Remove dead flower heads and foliage.
- To lengthen the life of the bouquet, you could few spoonfuls of sugar or or few drops of lemon juice per liter of water.
- Sprinkle your arrangement 3-4 times a day to keep the flowers fresh.
Enjoy your long-lasting flowers:-)