There are more than 750 orphanages with more than 100 000 children in Ukraine today. In the recent years the number of gifts delivered to orphanages have increased and we are happy to be a part of the miracle of putting smiles on children’s faces, exactly where they belong.
- If you are thinking of becoming a foster parent of a Ukrainian orphan, we will be very happy to assist you with a gift delivery to her. Please consider 5 helpful tips that will ease the process of delivering gifts to your recipient:
- Allow enough time for delivery. Majority of orphanages in Ukraine are located in small cities or remote locations. This is why we recommend to place your order at least 5 days before the desired delivery date. We need to have enough time to communicate with the administration of the orphanage to schedule your delivery on time.
- Provide correct contact information. it is very importation to have correct address of the orphanage and valid phone number of your child or administration. Quite often future parents are provided with address that slightly differs from the actual one and a phone number of the administration is not valid, so we are have to research correct information. For example: there are 3 orphanages in Belgorod-Dnestrovsky, Odessa Region on the same street. The provided phone number of the Orphanage administration is not valid. So we deliver the gift to the orphanage stated in the order, leave the gift with the security only to find out that the child lives in another orphanage. That is why we always ask to provide us with all possible points of contact that can be used to schedule a successful delivery to your child.
- Make picture of the delivery optional. From our own experience all future parents want to get pictures of their children with gifts delivered. Of course, we are happy to take pictures where this service is available based on approval of orphanage's administration. For some reasons not all directors of orphanages allow our couriers to take pictures of the children with the gifts. In some cases we are allowed to leave the gift at the security post only without even giving the gift to the child directly. Unfortunately we cannot provide any pictures of delivery to remote locations quite often.
- Focus on non-perishable gifts for remote locations. Although we can deliver all types of gifts such as cakes, balloons, toys, fruits,chocolate and snacks basket to orphanages in big cities, selection of gifts available for deliveries in remote locations can be different. We recommend you to order non-perishable gifts there such as chocolates, snack boxes, some fruits which can be easily transported, toysand product packages. In case you would like perishable items to be delivered to your recipient to a remote location, we will provide you with a quote for custom delivery which is calculated depending on transportation cost.
- Select “custom order” service. If you want a special gift to be delivered and you cannot find it among our gifts, please use “custom order” service. You can provide us details of the desirable gift and we will find available options for you. It also gives us new gift ideas which other parents could benefit from as well.
Remember that no matter what kind of gift you are giving to a child, most importantly is that they know that they are loved and cared for. We thank you for giving us an opportunity to be a part of it.